Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Im having ingrown toenail removed what am i to expect?

Ok, so im 15 years old and having my ingrown toenail on the inside of my left big toe removed very soon. What is it going to feel like? Will it be very painful or any pain at all? I am scared to get this done so please give me as much info as possible.Im having ingrown toenail removed what am i to expect?
I just got an ingrown toenail removed yesterday. This is exactly what my doctor did..





pricked my toe with 2 little shots to numb the top layer of the skin (painless)





gave me a shot of novocaine on each side of my toe (this does hurt a bit, but only lasts a few seconds)





after the toe was all numb, she cut a line straight down my nail and took the whole corner of the nail out that was digging into my skin.





bandaged me up and i was out the door.





my toe hardly hurt after the novocaine wore off. it actually felt better after the surgery! i kept my foot up the whole day that i got it done. today im walking around fine!!!





you will feel so much better after you get it done. the worse part is the shots but like i said, it only lasts a few seconds.Im having ingrown toenail removed what am i to expect?
Well, how are you getting removed? If your getting it cut out,


they numb your toe, and cut it out. It's quite painful for a few


days afterward. When you get there, they put numbing med.


on a needle and prick it aroud your toe, to numb it. Once


your toe is numb, they do some things, where they almost


cut open your toe, and cut out the ingrown toenail. It's not


a MAJOR cut in your toe, but it's not surgical or anything. It's


nothing scary either. After, they wrap up your toe with ALOT


of bandages. Your toe will probably bleed, but thats normal.


It'll hurt for a while after the numbing medicine wears away..


just take some iBprofine, Advil, Tylenol, anything that helps


relieve pain. You'll ocassionally have to go back to the doctor


to get your toe checked up on, but that's normal too. It's not


that scary, and it's not that painful, as long as you wear more


loose shoes, and take medicine to help the pain. Just don't


be scared! Remember it hurts more if you DON'T get it


removed, so it's worth it. Good luck %26amp; I hope all goes well!
It will be numb, they will cut the nail down the side, then pull out the piece that was cutting in. Later, when the numbness wheres off, it will hurt and you can soak it. From now on, cut your toenails stright across, not rounded, I hear that prevents them becoming ingrown.
Expect pain......lots of it.
cant b bothered writing heaps...... just this.......pain and blood........ oh yes...... there will be blood!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment