Thursday, February 11, 2010

Should I just leave this ingrown toenail?

Ok I posted a question before this on home remedies, 2 answer which where cut a v... the nail is too short and i can't and too lift the nail above the skin-far too painful and i can't get anything in as it just pops right back into place.


Can I just leave it, it is not infected just a little red, will it heal if I leave it be?? If not what can i do as it is very tender.Should I just leave this ingrown toenail?
Keep it clean. Instead of trying to pull the nail out, squeeze the flesh around the nail so it doesn't cover the nail. Do that 2-3 times a day and hold it for 60-120 seconds each time. It might hurt but you'll feel relief when you let it go. That's what I do.Should I just leave this ingrown toenail?
Can you take a very tiny piece of cotton off a q-tip or cotton ball and wedge it under the nail with the tip of something? I have done this to my son and it really helped. I used one of those wooden nail sticks to push it under and another time used the tip of a tiny scissors. Don't cut your toe nails if you tend to get ingrown nails. Just use a large heel file to file them flat across. I never, ever cut my nails to prevent this problem. Good luck.
ok I get these all the time!


My 1st one hurt really bad and I just went to the doctor and got it cut out.





The ones i get now i just try to leave alone.Sometimes if it doesn't hurt REALLY BAD I soak it in alcohol and get the nail nice and soft.then I take a nail file and try to file it down





but since yours is really tender and probably hurts a lot, you should go to the doctor and get it cut out.The most painful part about it is the shot they give you to numb it up.then they just wrap it gauze and give you somecream to put on it.It grows back within a week I think...





When it does go away, instead of cutting your toenail,file it.


You don't get ingrown toenails that way!


=D


hope this helped!
Just keep it clean. And if you can't cut it, you should go to a foot doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment