Sunday, February 7, 2010

Is there ANY way I can cure an ingrown toenail at home?

I do not have insurance or $$ to see a doctor.





Is there ANYTHING I can do to make my ingrown toenail go away? I am in pain and I need to fix it because I work 40 hours / week on my feet.Is there ANY way I can cure an ingrown toenail at home?
They sell over the counter stuff to soften the nail and you will also need a special clipper to get it out.


http://www.walgreens.com/search/search_r鈥?/a>Is there ANY way I can cure an ingrown toenail at home?
You can fix this at home but a little pain might be involved. You need to soak your foot (the toe completely under water) in warm to hot water. Not so hot that it burns your skin. Leave it in the water for at least 20 minutes. This allows the skin to become very soft. Then, gently pull the skin where the infection is away from the edge of the toenail. This is what hurts. Many times, the skin right along the edge of the toenail will break open because it is now soft and a lot of pus will come out. Gently push the skin around the infected area to get as much pus out as possible. Then, pat dry. A bandaid might be needed because it can continue to drain small amounts of infection. Taking some tylenol or ibuprofen regulary will also help with the discomfort. You have to do this a minimum of once a day but twice a day is even better. No squeezing the area because that will drive the infection deeper into the tissues. Over about a week of doing this, the infection should go away. If it doesn't or gets worse and worse, you will have to go see a doctor and get it treated.
ooo used to happen to me all the time.. hmm well they always say to cut your toenails in a straight line not curvy but that never seemed to make the pain go away so i would just cut the pieces that would go into my skin everytime it bothered me... but i got surgery for it and omg i love it.. i never got the pain again
For years I worked on mine at home, until one day it went horribly wrong, and there was tissue coming out and it was badly infected and in a lot of pain. I had to go to the podiatrist and have my toenail removed. It was worth it.
idk see a doc

No comments:

Post a Comment