Tuesday, February 2, 2010

How do you solve a ingrown toenail problem?

It's really bad and has been going on for some time now. What can I expect when I go to the hospital? Thanks for the replies in advance!How do you solve a ingrown toenail problem?
Ingrown Toenail


If you trim your toenails too short, particularly on the sides of your big toes, you may set the stage for an ingrown toenail.


http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/fact/thr_repor鈥?/a>





Surgery. A simple procedure, often performed in the office, is commonly needed to ease the pain and remove the offending nail. Surgery may involve numbing the toe and removing a corner of the nail, a larger portion of the nail, or the entire nail.


http://www.footphysicians.com/footanklei鈥?/a>





Here's another site: http://www.nailease.com/surgery.htm





Good luck,friend. I'm no stranger to surgeries. If your doctor is good, you'll be fine. God bless you AND your tootsie!How do you solve a ingrown toenail problem?
Go to a podiatrist. They may recommend a permanent, partial removal of the nail. I had this done on one toe in high school. It is an outpatient procedure performed with a local anesthetic.
The only sure way is to cut them out so that you don't have to go to the hospital. You should check your toes at least once a week and cut out the toenails that you think might lead to ingrown problems.
When my dad had that problem they went in and cut the part off that was ingrown. Ever since then his toes have been messed up, but we don't know if it was from that or not (so just make sure the doctor knows what he is doing). But I believe they just cut off the bad part.
Why would you have to go to the hospital? I've had mine ( atleast 4 times ) done right in the podiatrists office. Like I said about 4 times. Those energizing bunny nails keep getting ingrown over and over again.
Just cut a v in the top of your toenail, it will try and grow together %26amp; pull out of the sides, believe me I had them bad till my doctor said to try this before surgery, I did not have to have it. Try it a couple months, it works.
Sounds to like you need to get to a Podiatrist right away. Once you get some professional help, cut a ';V'; in the middle of your toenails. This keeps the sides of the nails from turning in. One of my toenails was removed because of this problem. I would not advise anyone to do that. It has been 3 yrs since it was removed, and it still bothers me.

No comments:

Post a Comment