Tuesday, February 2, 2010

How much does an ingrown toenail surgery cost?

I have an the same ingrown toenail for about a year now. The pain comes and goes. Last month I Thought i had gotten the toenail out but it's back again and I'm sick of dealing with it. I want to go to the doctor and get it taken care of but I have no insurance. How much does it cost?How much does an ingrown toenail surgery cost?
First of all, are you a veteran? If so, check out about registering for care at your nearest VA hospital.





Ingrown toenail procedures are usually performed in an office setting or procedure room. So, I would imagine a few hundred dollars, however, if it's not too involved, it's not really surgery.





But. This is not something you want to mess with on your own!How much does an ingrown toenail surgery cost?
I'm not sure about how much it costs without insurance. You could try going to a podiatrist - they can sometimes fix it without surgery.


In the meantime, soak it in salty water for 10-15 minutes a day. What worked for me the last time I had one was during the day when I had shoes on, I would put a band-aid on it, but put some betadine cream on the infected part first - I'm not sure why but it softened it up and the nail wasn't too ingrown, so I was able to get it out.
an arm and a leg

No comments:

Post a Comment