Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I am getting my ingrown toenail cut out at a podiatrist bc it is chronic?

I am going to ask them to take off the entire nail because it keeps coming back even after pills they gave me to kill the infection. So how long will it be untili can swim? Will it grow back? How do they take off the whole nail?I am getting my ingrown toenail cut out at a podiatrist bc it is chronic?
i had a similar toe nail problem myself and i kept getting infections on both sides of my toenails due to the width of the toenails :(, luckily it was solved after a simple operation where the doctor cropped the sides of the nail down to the ';root'; so to speak ( where the nail meets the bone) and applied an acid to it in order to cease the growing at the sides.





Im assuming there will be a similar operation in your case and it took me about 1 - 2 weeks for the wound to heal ( that is 1 - 2 weeks per toe and not if you do both at once, but i wouldn't recommend it ), though it depends on the operation type, my doctor said my operation was a less ';messy'; one since it was only the sides of the nail and involving acids and not removing parts of the bone. i would expect it to take about the same time for you if it is similar in fashion to mine. If they decide to operate away the entire ';root'; then it would probably take longer.I am getting my ingrown toenail cut out at a podiatrist bc it is chronic?
i had 2 of my toe nails entirely removed 4 times each. you are good to go after a week or two. they will inject the toe with Novocain or something stronger and the toe goes numb in couple minutes and they just remove the nail. the nail will grow back, but in my case they didnt come out great looking since i got them removed so many times. :)





but if it keeps coming back they got an ultimate operation- take the either side of the toe and sew them up together tightly under the toe so that the nail wont meet any barrier growing up and wont grow into the flesh. thank God i kind of outgrew the whole thing before i went under this treatment:)





Good Luck.
  • bacteria
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment