Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Preventing an ingrown toenail despite wearing flat shoes all the time ?

I have what I think is the beginning of an ingrown toenail. The outer edge of my left big toe is beginning to curve inwards and it's getting worse. I have read that it's the pressure of tight fitting, pointy, high heeled shoes that's the main culprit but I only ever wear ballet flats. I have quite flat/thin feet, so there's lot of room in the toe area.


How can I help to alleviate the pain and situation before it gets worse ?Preventing an ingrown toenail despite wearing flat shoes all the time ?
Its the way you cut your toenails also. Cut them straight across. Do not curve the outer parts of the toenail.


Warm soaks in epsom salts 2 times a day for 3 to 4 days.Preventing an ingrown toenail despite wearing flat shoes all the time ?
It is just the way your toenails grow. My grandson wears only gym shoes and his toes where a mess. He was getting in grown toe nails all the time. The Doctor finally put acid on his toes so the nails would not grow wrong. He had bandages on his feet for a couple days and couldn't put on shoes, but then after that he just has to put a light bandage on so they don't get dirty. He is wearing shoes and walking fine and this was done Thursday.
put your feet in a warm water so you can soften your nail then grab a sharp razor knife and carefully carve some of the middle part of your nail just do a line going from the bottom to the top slowly not all the way just until you can feel a dent that will allow the nail to grow back together pulling the nail toward the middle making the pain go away in a couple of days hopefully. just be careful... hope it works thats what my mom does and she says it works. good luck :)

No comments:

Post a Comment