Tuesday, February 2, 2010

What is your remedy for an ingrown toenail?

I have one cutting into me, it is on my left foot, next to my big toe. I have tried letting the nail grow out, then cutting it, but it grows out curved. I know I have to go to the foot doctor, but is there anything I can do in the meantime? Thanks in advance.What is your remedy for an ingrown toenail?
If you are going to try to cut it out yourself be sure you soak it in warm to hot water for about half an hour. This will cut down on the pain and make removing it much easier. If you are just going to wait for a podiatrist to do it soak your toe anyway. Doing this several times a day will cut down on the chance of an infection and make it easier and less painful for you when the doctor cuts it out.What is your remedy for an ingrown toenail?
Thankyou.

Report Abuse



When you clip your toenails on your big toe in the middle clip a triangle shape, the tonail will then grow inwards instead of to the side so it will try to fill in the gap. It will work slowely! But it does work trust me i know!
For me, it was a trip to the doctor and very minor ';surgery'; to have the ingrown part of the nail cut out and then burned with acid so it will never grow back. My foot was numbed with xylocaine for the procedure.





Have a doctor take care of it. It's a simple procedure.





EMT
i'm thinking oriagel baby teething stuff 2 numb the area, before you cut the nail .. i found that keeping the nails trimed every few weeks, stops the ingrowen ..
ingrown toenails suck. I had one twice. The best way to get rid of them is to go to the doctor. I am going to be honest with you when they take it out they have to numb your foot with anestesia and it hurts but once they take it out which can take about 10 to 15 mins you will feel 100% better. You might want to talk to the doctor about killing the root of that part of your toe nail to keep it from growng back. Ingrown toenails have the tendency to grow back. But my advice is to let the doctor do it cause he can really get down in the toenail like you wont be able to. And also in the future do not cut your toenails too short cause that can inrease your chance to get an ingrown toenail. Good luck
go to the doctor
I just cut it off (at a very deep point) and it didnt grow curved again. It hurt for a while because it was so deeply cut but it's fine and normal now.
On a website once, I read something about slipping a piece of toothpick under the cutting edge so that the nail would grow out over it, thus not cutting you.
Cut a v in the nail , that will stop it from going ingrown.

No comments:

Post a Comment