Tuesday, February 2, 2010

When an ingrown toenail is removed, how long does it take to heal?

I have several on both feet. Very embarrasing because I have had the 2 big toes occuring/growing since 2000. I have multiple sclerosis, and can't feel my feet anyway.


The irony is that my husband is a type 1 juvenile diabetic, with excellent footcare thanks to me and his podiatrist. I don't want him to ever have to worry about amputations, since he is diabetic. He has no idea how ugly my feet are..


I keep telling myelf that this toe problem is nothing compared to all the other daily challenges from my m.s. Bad excuse, I know.....


Anyway, are they removed one at a time, or all together if more than one occurs? I am sure my gait problems from m.s. caused them.When an ingrown toenail is removed, how long does it take to heal?
Usually a toenail takes a couple of weeks to begin growing. But it depends on your general health condition. This means how is your circulation, sugar level and your nutrition. Usually a mayor intake of vitamin E helps. May God bless you and your family.When an ingrown toenail is removed, how long does it take to heal?
Depending on how much of the nail has to be removed, it could take up to a year for it to grow back completely.





Also, a nail can be burned with a laser to prevent regrowth if ingrowns are recurring.





EMT
please visit this site you can get good answers about ur all questions.Get well soon!!! May God Bless You!!!http://thediabeteszone.com/
An ingrown nail takes a couple of weeks to heal when removed, however, you will be able to walk out of the office that day.





If a portion of the nail is removed and it is not permanent, it will take about 9 months to grow back.





Go see the podiatrist, they will be able to answer all of your questions.
  • bacteria
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment