Friday, February 5, 2010

How do I deal with an ingrown toenail?

I have had it for nearly a month now and have dug out the hook, have put ointment on it, have soaked it in water and still I have the most intense pain everytime it gets bumped or I walk on it. It is on my big toe on my left foot. If anyone has any suggestions, other than ';go to the doctor'; I'd be happy to hear from you!How do I deal with an ingrown toenail?
I have had 6 ingrown toenail surgeries. I started getting them when I was in high school. I kept doing the same thing your doing and nothing would help. My grandmother finally took me to a general practioner and he took half the toenail out and said that it wouldn't grow back. I had this done 4 times. Once on each side of each big toe. Finally, I got smart and went to a podiatrist. He deadened my big toe and he took off the entire toenail and he put some kind of chemical on it that killed the nail bed. Now I have not more toenails on my big toes but I no longer have any ingrown toenails. Was it painful to have them removed? Yes, some. Needles never feel good, but the needle pain only lasts for a few minutes but the relief of no longer having to worry about hurting my toe on stuff or cutting out the hooked part is so nice it was totally worth it. So coming from someone with major experience with ingrown toenails, once you get to the point where you are at, it is definitely best to go ahead and go to a podiatrist and let them take care of it. You wont' regret it I promise.How do I deal with an ingrown toenail?
an ingrown toenail is like a splinter, you may think you have it all out, my guess is there is still a splinter nail left in there that is keeping it painful for you. you can try soaking in Epsoms salts as directed and the current course of treatment you are using but it may need to be surgical taken care of. it is usually a simple procedure and you are in a bandaide the next day. i work in a podiatric office. i would suggest going to webiste called myfootshop.com for some additional suggestions and then maybe you doc for help. use the source to link you to site and good luck!
Go to a podiatrist. Save yourself the pain.
Go see a doctor, moron!
Afraid not! I had one like that for months until it got very infected. I thought I got it all out but didn't. Sorry, but you have to go to the doctor. I didn't want to either but he deadened it (didn't hurt) and cut part of the nail out. Boy was it a relief!!!!
If you don't want to go to the doctor, the only other thing that I can suggest is 'get used to the pain'.





Seriously though, you do need to see a doctor. He/she will refer you to your local hospital who will perform a minor operation, using a local anesthetic.





The longer you hold back, the longer you limp around in pain.
I delt with these ingrown toenails all thru my childhood. First, quit clipping them so short, especially in the corners. Then, soak it in epsom salt water, cut a V in the middle of the toenail, this will make it grow a certain way so that pain will go away. A doctor showed me this.
go to your doctor is the best in this condition, your doctor will consider to remove it patially or completely, its not a big procedure, good luck
Bite it off!!!
Well, i had this same problems. I went to the doctor and had the whole left side of my toenail removed. VERY PAINFUL. So, what you can do is got to a beauty Salon and ask them if there is anything they can do for you. If not then your last option is to go to the doctor. Mean while soak it in warm water with salt. Also put baby lotion and push down on it to make the tissue softer.

No comments:

Post a Comment