Friday, February 5, 2010

When could I start wearing closed-toed shoes after ingrown toenail surgery?

I had only part of my toenail removed tuesday due to an ingrown toenail. 4 days ago. I've been wearing flip flops for these past few days. I'm attending a Pow Wow tomorrow and am probably going to be walking a lot. Is it okay to wear tennis shoes? My toe isn't hurting at all but I don't want to make it any worse...thanks!When could I start wearing closed-toed shoes after ingrown toenail surgery?
all u have to do is wrapp your toe in a non stick pad or put petrolium jelly on the pad and u should be fine.When could I start wearing closed-toed shoes after ingrown toenail surgery?
That is definitely a question for your doctor that removed it. Just because you aren't hurting doesn't mean you are healed. Same instance with antibiotics, people stop taking them when they get better, not realizing that this causes the bacteria to become antibiotic resistant when it mutates and is transferred to another person via the chain of infection. If the doctor told you that you can resume normal activities, then you should be fine, however, I would call him just to be sure.
When I got mine removed I walked out in thongs, and MY GOD it cained sooooo bad ]:





SO I'd say closed in shoes aren't the best idea. Plus since you only had it done, it needs to heal, therefore needs to be kept open so it can 'breathe' and bathed daily [:

No comments:

Post a Comment